Spectra Modular Holding System with Unicart Holding System
Spectra range of products are manufactured considering 'Modular Tool Holding System' were any type of holding tapers can be easily interchanged with any type of cutting tools maintaining very close axial and radial run out, thus saving on time and cost and also reducing inventory. The main advantage of our 'Modular Tool Holding System' are very simple in design, very rigid and sturdy. Therefore higher speeds and feeds can be achieved and also very good surface finish can be maintained (Ra0.2 to Ra0.4).
Spectra Unicart Holding System
Spectra Tools has developed Unique Cartridges (under International patent), which is branded as Spectra Unicart Holding System.
It is unique, since the cartridges can be used for all metal cutting operations like Milling, Boring, Reaming and Modular Holding. Designed as per the application and customer requirements.
Basic requirements of any cartridge.
- Basic requirement of any rotatory tool is to maintain cutting edge run out to close tolerance.
- Based on accuracy of run out and size adjustment decision is made what to use for roughing and finishing application.
- Adaptable to multi point rotary cutting tools.
- Single Cartridge can be mounted in radial, axial and angular orientation.
Advantages of Spectra Unicart Holding System.
- Spectra Cartridges are cylindrically designed in shape for location within close tolerance. Spectra cartridges have square bottom and a flat surface ensures perfect location, orientation and anti rotation.
- Forward and retracting movement of cartridges are ensured by using a LH AND RH Screw and sizes can be controlled in microns.
- Two screws are provided for locking and lifting the cutting edge as required.
- Cartridge constitutes only 2 parts (Cartridge and LH/RH Screw.)
All above factors improve the surface finish, tool life and performance.